Among the myriad factors that affect the experience of drinking coffee, perhaps none is more influential than the physical environment. From that first whiff of coffee being cut by burrs to the rays of natural light capturing the swirls of vapor from a steam wand, the coffee shop offers innumerable points of sensory activation, all of which color the overall experience for consumers.
In our ongoing pursuit to promote the consumption of specialty coffee and help advance a more sustainable industry, we proudly announce the Daily Coffee News Design Showcase, in which we will shine a light on the vanguard of coffee facility design.
We’ll be enlisting a panel of qualified architects and interior designers to help us refine a collection of living, breathing coffee roasting and retail facilities from all over the globe that are helping to sharpen the cutting edge of design towards more visually impressive, socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable spaces.
Interested in submitting a project to the Daily Coffee News Design Showcase? Click here.
Who May Submit
- Commercial architects (must be considered lead/principle architect for the project)
- Interior Designers (must be considered lead/principle designer for the project)
- Coffee shop/roastery owners
- (Note that general contractors and construction firms may not submit, although they may be mentioned in the project description.)
- All facilities must have opened (or re-opened, in the case of a substantial renovation) to the public between January 1, 2018, and June 30, 2019
- Retail coffee shops
- Cafes (must have a coffee menu and a bar dedicated to coffee drink preparation)
- Production coffee roasteries with dedicated retail coffee bars
- Mobile coffee bars (note that pop-up retail bars do not qualify)
- Facilities may be located anywhere in the world
Deadline to Submit
- Tuesday, July 23, at 5 p.m. EST
- Free. There is no cost to submit an application for the Daily Coffee News Design Showcase, yet there is also no guarantee that submissions will be featured.
- Daily Coffee News will publish a standalone feature story on each project selected for the Design Showcase. Each story will include credits to the architecture firms and/or principle designers behind the project, a photo gallery and a project description.
- Each featured story/project will be included in one of Daily Coffee News’ biweekly e-newsletters, which are sent to more than 18,000+ opt-in subscribers.
- Each featured project will be promoted through Daily Coffee News social media channels.
- All the resplendent and lasting glory associated with being part of the inaugural Daily Coffee News Design Showcase!
Professional architects or designers interested in reviewing submissions may contact us here. Use the subject line “Design Showcase Panel” and please include a message that indicates your professional interests and experience. We’ll follow up with you if panel positions become available.
Thank you for your interest!