Developed to recognize and inspire excellence in roasting, the Roast Magazine Roaster of the Year competition is now in its 12th year, with applications accepted until July 31, 2015.
After Counter Culture Coffee won the inaugural award in 2005, and Stumptown Coffee Roasters followed in 2006, the award was broken in to two categories (macro roaster and micro roaster), resulting in two annual winners.
The award is meticulously chosen based on the following criteria:
• Company Mission
• Company’s Commitment to Sustainable Practices
• Commitment to Employees and Educational Practices
• Quality of Coffee
• Commitment to and involvement in the industry
• Innovations in roasting, marketing and business practices
The Roaster of the Year Award package includes:
• A full-length feature story in the November/December 2015 issue of Roast
• A web page on the Roast magazine website for an entire year
Past Roaster of the Year Winners
2005 winner—Counter Culture Coffee
2005 runnerup—Taylor Maid Farms
2006 winner—Stumptown Coffee Roasters
2006 runnerup—Intelligentsia Coffee and Tea
2006 runnerup—Dillanos Coffee Roasters
2007 winner—Micro—Metropolis Coffee Co.
2008 winner—Micro—Higher Ground Roasters
2008 winner—Macro—Zoka Coffee Roasters
2009 winner—Micro—Coffee Klatch
2009 winner—Macro—PT’s Coffee Roasting Co.
2010 winner—Micro—Kickapoo Coffee
2010 winner—Macro—Equator Estates Coffee
2011 winner—Micro—Conscious Coffees
2011 winner—Macro—Dillanos Coffee Roasters
For the application and fine print, visit the award homepage.