Roast magazine 2020 Roaster of the Year Mostra Coffee will be awarding a $5,000 cash grant and other prizes to a small coffee business this summer. The application period runs from today through Saturday, Aug. 15.
The grant program, in partnership with Roast, is designed to celebrate and boost a specialty coffee business that is making positive impacts in the coffee industry and in the community while supporting diversity, equity and its workers.
In addition to the cash, other prizes are: a collaboration blend with Mostra Coffee with sales going to the winner; a feature story in Daily Coffee News; a year-long subscription to Roast magazine plus a free digital ad; a complimentary consultation with media/PR consultant Abbey Gibb; a complimentary brand consultation with Ché Elizaga Castro of Come Alive Co; and promotion through Mostra’s social media platforms.
Here’s more from our friends at Mostra Coffee:
ABOUT THE GRANT
At Mostra Coffee, our mission is to bring the local and global coffee community together, to create opportunities that improve lives and families, and to elevate performance to the highest level. This summer, we are pleased to partner with Roast magazine to award a $5,000 cash grant toward a small business making an impact in the coffee industry, and in their community.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The Mostra Coffee Small Business Grant in partnership with Roast magazine is for any small business with 100 employees or less that is in the coffee industry (roaster, cafe owner, or other coffee-related business).
We are looking to award a small business driven to give back to their community, innovate in coffee, and elevate performance through both sustainable practices and a commitment to your employees.
One winner will be selected to win:
- $5,000.00 Cash Grant
- Collaboration Roasted Coffee Blend with Mostra Coffee (sales to go to winner)
- Featured in Daily Coffee News by Roast magazine
- Year-long subscription to Roast magazine and free-ad space on their website for 1 year
- Complimentary consultation session with Emmy Award-Winning/TEDx Speaker, Business/Media/Brand Coach, Abbey Gibbs
- Complimentary Brand Story Consultation with Award-Winning Copywriter and Brand Story Strategist Ché Elizaga Castro of Come Alive Co
- Promotion of business on Mostra’s social media platforms
HOW TO ENTER
- Follow Mostra Coffee and Roast magazine on Instagram and Facebook
Complete the application HERE, including your video submission (see below for details on the video)
Answer one of the following questions through a post on social media using the hashtag #mostracoffeesmallbusinessgrant:
a) Describe your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; OR
b) Describe your commitment to your employees
(Make sure your account is not private, or we will not be able to see it!)
The winner will be chosen by Mostra Coffee.
ABOUT THE VIDEO
As part of your application, please submit a compelling video in 5 minutes or less describing:
- Company mission
- Your commitment to your employees
- Involvement and impact in your community
- Innovation and creativity
- Your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- What would you use this grant toward
Please also describe:
- The impact COVID-19 has had on your business
- How you are overcoming these challenges, and
- What you would use this grant toward
WHAT ARE THE DEADLINES?
- Program Opens: July 15, 2020
- Submission Deadline: August 15th, 2020
- Winner Announced: August 31st, 2020
We are Mostra: a women, minority, veteran, and immigrant-owned micro coffee roaster based in north county San Diego. Founded by four friends in a warehouse in 2014, Mostra — which means “performance” in Italian — strives to connect, build, and inspire our communities through quality, sustainability, and innovation.
Since 2014 we have had the opportunity to open two shops in north county San Diego, partner with breweries across the country to innovate the coffee beer industry, and to take home the Roast magazine 2020 Micro Roaster of the Year Award. As we continue to grow amidst the challenges of COVID-19, we recognize that our success is in large part due to the generous outpouring of support from our community — both at home, and across the country. And so, it is our honor to partner with Roast magazine to support another small business in the coffee industry driven to inspire and innovate.
Thank you for taking the time to share your story. We’re excited to get to know you and to hear how you are committed to elevating the independent coffee industry, your employees, and your community through your small business.
Best of luck!