(Press release from KIND Healthy Snacks)
NEW YORK (September 1, 2013) — KIND Healthy Snacks (KIND) today launches into a new category of snacks with KIND Healthy Grains Bars, a line of chewy with a crunch granola bars made from five super grains mixed with tasty ingredients like pumpkin seeds, toasted coconut flakes, dark chocolate chunks, and more. Each KIND Healthy Grains bar packs one full serving of 100% whole grains – a key source of fiber and protein – which help to keep you fuller, longer.
“We created KIND Healthy Grains Bars with KIND’s ‘and’ philosophy top of mind,” says KIND’s Founder and CEO, Daniel Lubetzky. “We felt that most granola bars require people to choose between a crunchy or chewy texture or to sacrifice nutritional value for awesome flavor. We wanted to develop a more complete granola bar that allows people to have it all.”
Each KIND Healthy Grains Bars bar contains 18-22 grams of whole grains (amaranth, quinoa, millet, buckwheat, and gluten-free oats) and is available in the following five tasty varieties made from ingredients you can see and pronounce®:
- Dark Chocolate Chunk – Enjoy twice the chocolate, made from whole grains coated with dark chocolate and real dark chocolate chunks.
- Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate – Made from real dark chocolate and roasted peanuts, you get the best of both worlds: salty and sweet, chewy and crunchy, healthy and tasty.
- Oats & Honey with Toasted Coconut – Be kind to your sense of taste with real ingredients like gluten free oats sweetened with honey and toasted coconut flakes.
- Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt – Treat yourself to the comfort of real maple syrup and sea salt roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Vanilla Blueberry – Squeeze the most out of your 10-day taste bud lifespan with all natural ingredients like blueberries and vanilla.
Recognizing texture as an important part of the snacking experience, KIND worked tirelessly to reach a unique combination of chewy and crunchy, so you never have to choose between the two. “We’re always looking to challenge the status quo and we’re proud to create a granola bar that gives people the best of both worlds where texture is concerned,” comments KIND’s Senior Vice President of Marketing, Marc de Grandpre.
KIND also honed in on the fact that only 3.7% of offerings within the granola bar category were gluten free – despite the fact that up to one-quarter of all consumers report that they are looking for gluten free foods, according to a recent USA Today survey. With this in mind, KIND sourced premium gluten free whole grains like amaranth and quinoa, along with oats that are verified free from gluten contamination, so that KIND Healthy Grains Bars can serve as a tasty and healthy snack option for the rising number of people who experience gluten-sensitivity.
Like all KIND snacks, KIND Healthy Grains Bars are all natural, gluten free, low glycemic, non GMO and low in sodium. KIND Healthy Grains Bars will be available beginning July 15, 2013 on www.KINDsnacks.com. Suggested retail price is $3.99-$4.29 per box of five bars in single flavors.