The 2019 World Coffee Championship events concluded in Boston today, with Jooyeon Jeon of Momos Coffee in South Korea crowned the 2019 World Barista Champion, and China’s Jia Ning Du winning the World Brewers Cup.
The World Barista Championship is celebrating its remarkable 20th anniversary year. Even more remarkably, it wasn’t until last year that the barista skills competition was won by a woman, Polish barista champion Agnieszka Rojewska. This year, a crowd of hundreds gathered around the WBC stage inside the Boston Convention center burst into a celebratory roar when it became clear that Jeon would become the second woman to win the coveted title.
Barista Jia Ning Du has become the first Chinese competitor to with the World Brewers Cup, now in its ninth year. Ning Du is a three-time national winner of the Chinese Brewers Cup.
Here are the standings from the WBC and Brewers Cup final day:
2019 World Barista Championship Final Standings
1) Jooyeon Jeon, Momos Coffee, South Korea
2) Michalis Dimitrakopoulos, The UnderDog, Greece
3) Cole Torode, Rosso Coffee Roasters, Canada
4) Mikael Jasin, Common Grounds Coffee Roaster, Indonesia
5) Wojtek Bialczak, Five Elephant Coffee, Germany
6) Mathieu Theis, Mame, Switzerland
2019 World Brewers Finals Standings
1) Jia Ning Du, M2M Coffee, China
2) Patrik Rolf, April Coffee Roasters, Sweden
3) Alessandro Galtieri, Aroma, Italy
3) Chikako Nakai, UCC Holding Co., LTD, Japan
5) Hsu Shih Yuan, UCC Coffee Taiwan Co., LTD, Taiwan
6) Daniel Hofstetter, Switzerland