Welcome to DCN’s weekly roundup of coffee events! Hosting an online event that’s free or nearly free to attend? Let us know here.
Due to an overwhelming number of requests and our desire to keep the calendar inclusive but not promotional, recurring home brewing tutorials or other daily digital hangs sponsored by individual coffee companies have been removed from the calendar.
Coffee Break: A Virtual Cafe to Support Local Coffee Through the Coronavirus
- Host: Multiple meetups/locations
- Day/Time: Daily at various times depending on region
- Register/Information: Coffee Break Website
- Description: COFFEE BREAK’S mission is to bring people together from all walks of life to support their local cafes and coffee companies during this challenging time. Do you buy coffee? Do you have a favorite local cafe you go to multiple times a week? Then this is for you. Come meet up with your favorite baristas and friends, drink homemade coffee, talk with one another and if you can, donate a few dollars and/or buy coffee and merchandise online.
Talk Story with Pacific Coffee Research
- Host: Pacific Coffee Research
- Day/Time: Every Monday and Friday in May and June at 10 a.m. HST/ 1 p.m. PDT / 4 p.m. EDT
- Register/Information: PCR Coffee Instagram
- Description: Throughout the months of May and June, Pacific Coffee Research is hosting a Talk Story series via Instagram Live. We’re inviting friends and colleagues from around the Hawaiian islands and nation to sit down with us (virtually) to simply have a conversation. We’re going to talk about coffee, life, projects, and anything the conversation brings up. This is our opportunity to reconnect with folks online who we’d normally see in person on a pretty regular basis! Guests will include coffee producers, roasters, traders, scientists, engineers, families, and all around wonderful people.
Tuesday, May 19
Innovation in Coffee Communities
- Host: Coffee Kids and Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung
- Time: 9 a.m. PDT / 6pm CEST
- Register/Information: Webinar #1: Sparking the creativity and entrepreneurial spirit of youth
- Description: Recognizing this is a challenging time across the globe, we invite you to engage directly with our Coffee Kids and Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung staff from Tanzania and Central America. Each week we will discuss areas of growth for young adults and why this is important for the future of coffee and coffee communities.
Food Safety for the Coffee Roaster
- Host: Firedancer Coffee Consultants
- 1 p.m. CST
- Register/Information: Firedancer website
- Description: A free two hour live webinar where we take you through Food Safety for the coffee roaster. What you have to do (regulatory) to what you might want to do (3rd Party Audit) we cover GMP’s, HACCP, HARPC, Preventive Controls, Recall/Traceability, Supply Chain Program and Documentation. Q&A afterwards; handouts and templates included to help get you started. This will happen every Tuesday at 1pm CST thru May, and then twice in June.
DJ Disarray Live every Tuesday Night!
- Host: DJ Disarray
- Time: 7-9 p.m. Pacific
- Register/Information: DJ Disarray
- Description: So while this isn’t technically a coffee event, everyone loves good music, and the feller behind the turntables is none other than Ray of Unpacking Coffee and Needmore Designs fame. Tune in every week and chill out with good vibes, pleasing tunes, and good humor!
- Notes: It’s every Tuesday from 7-9PM PDT! Until all this crap is over!!
Thursday, May 21
Barista Yoga Every Thursday
- Host: United Baristas, #BaristaCare
- Time: 10:30 a.m. GMT
- Register/Information: Event website
- Description: #BaristaCare is connecting the coffee community for a weekly yoga session led by yoga instructor Erin, Yoga Den London
Caravela Coffee Guided Farm Tour
- Host: Caravela Coffee
- Time: 1 p.m. EST
- Register/Information: Caravela Coffee Instagram @caravelacoffee
- Description: The Caravela Relationship Building team, which is usually traveling to farms with roasters to develop close relationships between roasters and producers, continues to work from home. Now, more than ever, those relationships need to be kept alive and strong. Therefore, they are organizing a weekly live farm tour via the @caravelacoffee Instagram account on Thursdays at 1 p.m. EST.
Digital AA Meeting for Coffee People
- Time: 4 p.m. CST every Thursday
- Register/Information: Zoom Channel 475-069-379
- Description: Weekly digital AA meeting for coffee people. All are welcome.
Monday, May 25
Boot Coffee Weekly Webinar
- Host: Boot Coffee
- Time: 9 a.m. PDT every Monday
- Register/Information: coffeecampus.com/blog
- Description: Weekly discussion with coffee experts working in various disciplines from farming to exporting/importing, roasting, and retailers. Open and transparent communication is essential right now. Join Boot Coffee for constructive and creative discussions exploring ways the coffee community continues to evolve and adapt and strategize.