Skip to main content

De’Longhi Acquires All of Swiss Espresso Machine Maker Eversys

Eversys Sierre

The Eversys factory in Sierre, Switzerland, which was completed in 2020. Eversys photo.

The De’Longhi Group has reached a deal to claim full ownership of Swiss superautomatic espresso machine maker Eversys.

De’Longhi, based in Trieste, Italy, purchased a 40% stake in the Eversys Group in 2017, and the new deal involves the acquisition of the remaining 60%. Del’Longhi said the 100% value of the acquisition is approximately US$160 million.

De’Longhi, which owns numerous small kitchen appliance brands sold globally, had already been engaged in financial and distribution support of Eversys, which was founded by Jean-Paul In-Albon and Robert Bircher in 2009.

Eversys Enigma ST

The recently released Eversys Enigma ST machine. Eversys photo.

A year after De’Longhi’s initial investment, Eversys opened new global offices and a showroom. In 2020, the company christened a 78,000-square-foot factory and offices in Sierre, Switzerland.

“We are excited about our new important step in the world of coffee,” De’Longhi CEO Massimo Garavaglia said in a company announcement this week. “At Eversys we admire the passion for excellence, quality and the strong ability to innovate, values that guided the founders Jean Paul In-Albon and Robert Bircher in the realization of their dream.”

Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.