Several makers of highly prized home coffee brewing equipment have joined forces for a brew kit giveaway in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
Equipment makers Acaia (scales and fine accessories), NotNeutral (coffee-specific vessels and ware), Baratza (20 years of refining the grind) and Espro (insulated French presses and soon more) are all donating gear for gift packages. Packages will also include a free year-long coffee subscription with a roaster (TBD) and a free year-long subscription to Standart magazine.
For their part, Acaia, Baratza and NonNeutral have each also committed to matching up to $5,000 in donations through three separate GoFundMe campaigns tied to the giveaway. Acaia’s campaign is in support of the Minneapolis-based Redeemer Center for Life; Baratza’s campaign is supporting the Montgomery, Alabama-based Equal Justice Initiative; and NotNeutral’s campaign is supporting Oakland-based Color of Change.
To enter the brew kit giveaway, users can simply sign up here, with an option to support the fundraisers. The winning prize package, which can be shipped internationally with some restrictions, will include:
- An Acaia Pearl Model S in choice of color, and a medium dosing cup.
- A set of two NotNeutral Lino mugs in choice of color.
- A Baratza Encore grinder in matte white.
- An Espro 32 oz Brushed Press P7.
- A one-year coffee subscription (1 bag per month) to a chosen roaster.
- A one-year subscription to Standart magazine.